Ads

Monday, November 14, 2011

~Eggnog Latte~

Finally, I'm writing my first post. Between being busy, and trying to find something to write about,  it took a while to finally sit down and do this.

So, what's a good way to start out.... I thought of talking about the hours I spent, trying to think of an original, one of a kind name, and how my sister just thinks of one in an instant, but since there isn't much to say about that, I'll just start with a recipe. What a cooking blog for anyways?

Yesterday I was longing for a Starbucks eggnog latte, so this morning after looking for a recipe, I made up my own, which turned out to be amazing, and, well, sort of easy.

Here it is:

- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of  eggnog (I used homemade. Maybe once I perfect it, I'll post the recipe)
- 2 shots of hot espresso
- 2 teaspoons of sugar






Mix the whole milk, and eggnog, and heat on the stove till barely simmering. Froth until foamy (I use a frother, but if you don't have one, I've heard you can put it in a jar, shake it till it doubles in volume, and microwave without the lid for 30. I haven't tried it though)



Mix espresso and sugar in mug, and pour in the milk. Spoon froth on top, and sprinkle with nutmeg.




Enjoy! 

1 comment: